Research Support Facilities
The Department of Mineral Sciences maintains a range of instruments and facilities to prepare and analyze geological samples, with a particular strength in experimental petrology. Departmental technicians support scientists by maintaining instruments and developing novel solutions to intricate research problems.
- Electron Beam
- FTIR: Nicolet 6700 Analytical FT-IR Spectrometer
- Raman: LabRAM HR Evolution Raman Microscope
- XRD: Rigaku X-Ray Diffractometers
- Cathodoluminescence microscopy: ELM-3R Luminoscope
- VSM: Lake Shore Cryotronics 8604 Vibrating Sample Magnetometer