Research Support Facilities
The Department of Mineral Sciences maintains a range of instruments and facilities to prepare and analyze geological samples, with a particular strength in experimental petrology. Departmental technicians support scientists by maintaining instruments and developing novel solutions to intricate research problems.
- EPMA: JEOL 8530F Field Emission Electron Probe Microanalyzer
- FTIR: Nicolet 6700 Analytical FT-IR Spectrometer
- SEM: FEI Nova NanoSEM 600
- Raman: LabRAM HR Evolution Raman Microscope
- XRD: Rigaku x-ray diffractometers