Contacting Individual Staff Members
To contact members of the Paleobiology Department please go to the Staff page. Most members will be linked to their own webpage that contains contact information, research interests and bibliographies. If you are not sure who to reach out to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loans and Visiting the Collections
For collections-related questions such as borrowing, lending or donating specimens for purposes of scientific study, please see our visitor information page: Visit Us.
Please send inquiries to email@example.com. . Please note that due to limited staff availability, there may be delays or we may not be able to respond to all inquiries. Most inquiries will receive a response within two weeks. Where possible, indicate the type of inquiry (described below) in the subject of your message.
- General Inquiry: For general inquiries that do not pertain to specific staff member, collections, or photographs.
- Photographs and Digital Images Inquiry: For questions concerning the availability, use and reproduction of digital images from the Paleobiology collections.
- Fossil Identification Inquiry: If you believe you have found a fossil and would like to know what it is. When you make an identification request, please include the following information
- Where you found the specimen. Please be as specific as you can. Include coordinates or road directions if possible.
- Several photographs of the specimen, shown from multiple sides.
- Website Inquiry: For questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the Department of Paleobiology's website.