Natural History Investigations
After School Programs for High School Students
Join us for an after school program series that allows you to explore the world of natural history science in a fun and interactive way!
Who Should Apply?
Students in grades 9 through 12 who are interested in science and museums, and are looking for ways to go beyond what they learn in school.
What Will I Do?
- Meet and learn from museum scientists and educators
- Gain natural history science and technology skills
- Visit exclusive behind-the-scenes areas of the museum
- Meet other science-minded teens from across the D.C. metropolitan area
Details about the Program
Q?rius, The Coralyn W. Whitney Science Education Center at the National Museum of Natural History
Dates, Times and Program Themes
The Natural History Investigations after school sessions for the 2018-2019 school year have passed. We will update this page with more information about our offerings for the 2019-2020 school year in the fall.
How Do I Apply?
The application window is now closed. If you are interested in being kept up to date on youth opportunities at the museum, please contact YouthNMNH@si.edu to be added to our Youth Programs email list.
Questions? Contact us at YouthNMNH@si.edu (link sends e-mail) or 202-633-4588
- Students are required to attend all sessions within their program.
- Students can only be accepted to one program series.
- At the end of the program, students receive a certificate of completion, participate in a showcase for family and friends.
- Students can use the certificate of completion to demonstrate an interest in science when applying to the Youth Engagement through Science internship program or Q?Crew Teen Volunteer program.