Q?Crew Teen Volunteers
Are you interested in science? Do you like talking to people? Are you in high school and looking for opportunities to volunteer? If you answered “yes” to these questions, you are probably a great fit for the all-teen volunteer group, Q?Crew, at the National Museum of Natural History. Check out the information below to learn more about the Q?Crew program.
Due to the ongoing and uncertain nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Museum of Natural History will not be accepting applications for the 2021 Q?Crew teen volunteer program. We understand this may come as a disappointment, but please know that this decision was not made lightly; as always, the health and safety of our staff, interns, volunteers, and visitors takes priority. If you are interested in staying up to date with the museum's youth offerings and updates, please email YouthNMNH@si.edu and request to be added to our Youth Programs mailing list.
- Meet new friends and geek out over science together
- Gain new science skills and communicate with people from around the world
- Gain community service hours that you can use for graduation if your school requires them
- Get special access to behind-the-scenes tours
- Learn about current science research from scientists and experts
- Free IMAX and Butterfly Pavilion tickets
- Discounts at all Smithsonian Museum Stores
- Free rides on the Smithsonian Carousel
- The opportunity to become part of the Q?Crew family of teens that call the National Museum of Natural History “home”
Fit the Description?
- 13-19 years old and currently enrolled in high school
- Live in the D.C. Metro area
- Available starting at the end of June
- Committed to serving at least 100 hours by November
- Can sign up for at least two 4-hour shifts each month
Want to Know More?
Check out this handy one-pager (PDF) that might answer some questions you have about Q?Crew.
Videos - Q?Crew Talks
YouthNMNH@si.edu (link sends e-mail) or 202-633-4588
This project is supported by the Smithsonian Youth Access Grant Program.