YES! Teen Internship Program
The Youth Engagement through Science (YES!) internship is a career immersion and science communication program for youth between the ages of 14-19, who are currently enrolled in high school (grades 9-11) in the Washington D.C. region. The YES! program, which runs from June-November, gives interns practical experience through a hands-on science internship with Smithsonian science staff. By participating in the program, teens will also have access to behind-the-scenes tours and field trips, creative studio workshops, college preparatory classes, and the opportunity to create their own TED-type talks.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2019 cohort are now being accepted. Applications must be submitted no later than January 31, 2019.
The certificate of completion received at the end of our Natural History Investigations After School Programs can be used to demonstrate an interest in science when applying to the Youth Engagement through Science (YES!) internship program.
What Is In It for You?
- Research internships with a Smithsonian science mentor in various science disciplines across the National Museum of Natural History.
- Training Courses where you will learn how to effectively engage public audiences and your peers in science topics.
- A chance to meet teens who share similar science interests.
- Field trips and behind-the-scenes tours.
- College preparation courses from YES! alumni and local college visits.
- A stipend of $2,500.
Questions? Call (202) 633-4588 or email email@example.com (link sends e-mail)