YES! Teen Internship Program
The Youth Engagement through Science (YES!) internship is a career immersion and science communication program for youth between the ages of 14-19, who are currently enrolled in high school (grades 9-11) in the Washington, D.C., region. The YES! program, which runs from June-November, gives interns practical experience through a hands-on science internship with Smithsonian science staff. By participating in the program, teens will also have access to behind-the-scenes tours and field trips, creative studio workshops, college preparatory classes, and the opportunity to create their own TED-type talks.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our youth programs. The YES! youth internship program will be on pause for 2023. Please check back periodically for updates regarding the return of the program in 2024.
What Is In It for You?
- Research internships with a Smithsonian science mentor in various science disciplines across the National Museum of Natural History.
- Training Courses where you will learn how to effectively engage public audiences and your peers in science topics.
- A chance to meet teens who share similar science interests.
- Field trips and behind-the-scenes tours.
- College preparation courses from YES! alumni and local college visits.
- A stipend of $2,500.
Questions? Call (202) 633-4588 or email YouthNMNH@si.edu