YES! Teen Internship Program
The Youth Engagement through Science (YES!) internship is a career immersion and science communication program for youth between the ages of 14-19, who are currently enrolled in high school (grades 9-11) in the Washington D.C. region. The YES! program, which runs from June-November, gives interns practical experience through a hands-on science internship with Smithsonian science staff. By participating in the program, teens will also have access to behind-the-scenes tours and field trips, creative studio workshops, college preparatory classes, and the opportunity to create their own TED-type talks.
How to Apply
The application window for the 2020 YES! program has closed.
What Is In It for You?
- Research internships with a Smithsonian science mentor in various science disciplines across the National Museum of Natural History.
- Training Courses where you will learn how to effectively engage public audiences and your peers in science topics.
- A chance to meet teens who share similar science interests.
- Field trips and behind-the-scenes tours.
- College preparation courses from YES! alumni and local college visits.
- A stipend of $2,500.
Questions? Call (202) 633-4588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)