Call for Posters
Smithsonian Botanical Symposium - Call for Posters
The National Museum of Natural History and the U.S. Botanic Garden have begun accepting abstracts for poster presentations at the 20th Smithsonian Botanical Symposium, “New Horizons in the Study of Neotropical Floras”, which will be held 19 May 2023 in Washington, DC. Space is limited and posters will be accepted based upon the quality of the abstract and the order received. You must be in-person only to present a poster (no virtual option).
Abstracts must be submitted electronically before 21 April 2023 - extended to 28 April 2023.
- Abstract selections will be made by 28 April 2023. Notifications will be sent by email only.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS
Abstract submissions should include the following:
- Topic must be related to the study of floristics or Neotropical botany and involve original research.
- Author(s) name(s) including affiliation(s) and email address(es).
- List the title in upper and lower case. Titles are limited to 150 characters.
- Abstracts may not exceed 1,500 characters (approx. 200 words), including spaces.
- Registration in-person is mandatory to be included in the program.
- Submit abstracts to email@example.com.
- Posters will be displayed on May 19th at the U.S. Botanic Garden during the evening reception. Attendees include academic professionals and students, government employees, master gardeners, and others with a general interest in plants and botany.
- Posters should be no larger than 30" x 40", either portrait or landscape orientation.
- Presenting authors are requested to attend the poster session (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm) to take advantage of opportunities to discuss their work with symposium participants.
What will be provided:
- Easels, foam board, and binder clips for each accepted presenter.
- We will NOT provide you with a table, computers, monitors, or other electronic equipment. No electricity will be provided.