Biocubes – Exploring Biodiversity
What Is a Biocube?
A biocube is a fun, informative, and manageable way of exploring the biodiversity in the world around you by focusing on a cubic foot of space. By looking closely and documenting the life in a small area, one can get a better understanding of how different ecosystems are structured and how they function.
Biocubes are easy and flexible to use:
- Investigate anywhere with minimal resources
- Tailor the experience to your goals
- Modify for all ages/grades/audiences
- Connect with projects elsewhere
- Access easy-to-use online resources
- Connect with local biodiversity
How to Use Biocubes
Biocubes in Action
Watch videos of photographer David Liittschwager and his team deploying biocubes in some of the world’s most charismatic ecosystems. Go to Biocubes in Action